Re: Scotty

Subject: Re: Scotty
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:26:26 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Iain Mannix wrote:
> Hey, calling Scotty a "dickhead" is downright uncalled for -
> he's a _really_ nice guy, a good competitor and frankly, I
> agree with his sentiments.

It wouldn't surprise me that Scotty is a really cool guy in person.

On the net, when I'm reading messages about how there's no such thing as
dimenishing returns and if you don't wanna spend $100k on your autox car
its your problem and such, particularly coming from a guy who quite
freaking obviously doesn't face the same budgetary constraints I do, I'd
say he's a dickhead.

I don't have a problem with Scotty having the cash he needs to race the
way he wants.  I _do_ have a problem with his implication that if we all
don't have that cash it's too damn bad.  PARTICULARLY when we're talking
about a class that just had its entry fee doubled by a car that doesn't
belong there.

Mark