Re: All Things Scotty

Subject: Re: All Things Scotty
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:11:08 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 4:52 PM

<snip>
> rEc..damn..I need a middle name that starts in A instead of 'Enzo'.

Enzo?  Nothing wrong with that; after all, how many other Enzo's do you
know?  :)

As for the rest of the post, I have never met Scotty White, or at least have
never been formally introduced (we were both at the Tour and I know what he
looks like, but that's it).  I did find his commentary during run group 3
rather amusing, particularly his pronunciation of "CAR-vette."  You'd think
he'd know the correct pronunciation of a car he's spent so much time in ;)

As for the money issue, I, like Randy, don't have a lot of money to throw at
my car.  I run the Stock class for that same reason (CS = Cheap Skate? ;)
and when I bought my Miata I resolved that I would run it in Stock for at
least two years.  If at the end of those two years I find myself with a
large sum of money burning a hole in my pocket, I might build my car into a
CSP vehicle.  And yes, I am aware that it will require throwing a lot of
money at what will be an eleven-year-old car at that time (or however old it
is when I start building it up).  Having seen results from a few Tours, I
know the car is competitive.  Now I have to get the driver to that level.

I have followed the M3/ESP thread throughout, even though little of it
applies to me.  And while I've seen several valid points, I could live
without the name-calling.

sTz - and don't even THINK of calling me Scotty!
'91 "Cheap Skate" Miata ;)