Re: [Re: Only Interested in Your Own Car Syndrome]

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>, Don Kline <solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Re: Only Interested in Your Own Car Syndrome]
From: Eric Ferguson <quattrodriver@netscape.net>
Date: 4 Jun 00 22:31:13 EST
so, should i start talking about an even more small numbered car, namely one
that i drive (audi coupe, one of 1730 in two model years), or would that not
be interesting, and p!ss people off.  seriously folks, the reason for this
list is to create a knowledge base, some of us out here are new at the whole
race thing, and there are some people that do like learning about other makes,
and forwarding ideas, info, advice, etc on to other people.  at school
(purdue) i am a member of a car club (sanctioned by purdue).  it should be the
F-body club, since most of the cars are z28's and firebirds.  not much of what
they know and talk about applies to my relatively heavy, understeering AWD
audi.  but, i want to learn about the RWD V8 chassis, and i like being around
fellow gear heads.  they learn a thing or two from me too sometimes (like you
can put porsche brakes on cars other than porsches, and get 100hp/litre from a
N.A. 2.3L i-5 20v, and that driving isnt all about the 1/4 and ET's or trap
speeds).  sometimes, we have things in common.  its the same thing with this
list.  broaden your horizons, open your minds.  narrow, closed mindedness is
for schmucks and previous generations.  it has no place in the 21st century
(nor did it in the latter part of the 20th).  if you just want to talk about
your car, then join a model specific discussion list.  they are out there you
know.  this list is about auto-x'ing, and all that goes with it.  there are
many types of cars that race, so, therefore there are many types of people
that own them.  frankly, i welcome talk about other marques.  maybe you will
learn something from them.  i want to learn more about the other cars out
there,e specially in my class (so i can maybe have an edge).

eric ferguson
NWOR
'90 CQ 20v, EP (currently the jack stand queen, damn modifications)