Re: Only Interested in Your Own Car Syndrome

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Subject: Re: Only Interested in Your Own Car Syndrome
From: Eric Yousey <yousey.2@wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 01:09:52 -0400
Randy Chase wrote:

> Well, logic indicates it is not fair to compare number of messages about
> a class vs the number of messages about a specific car make. Assuming
> one thought there was any validity in comparisons of this type.

That is a very logical and, in my opinion, a very good statement.

> In spite of the fact that this thread had lots of horse-whacking in it,
> there was some good info in there, that applies to autocrossing and
> classing in general. If someone chooses not to read it, that is there
> perogative.

I chose not to read the last 200 or so, and I'm sure that I might have
missed out on something.  I still have the messages, and if I ever got
the time and patience, I could go back and read them.  But I really
doubt if I will do that.

> However, it should be noted, that is may have seemed like a lot of
> posts, but it probably took more keystrokes to type out the message
> complaining about the bandwidth, than it took hits of the delete key.

I haven't deleted a single one.

> In general, if someone is that bothered by a thread, please consider
> filters. They are wonderful things. I use them. You don't like my posts?
> Add me to your filter and you will never see them. Don't want to read
> ESP threads? Filter out any thread with ESP in it's subject. Of course,
> you may miss the notice that ESPN is running some cool race.
>
> Also, FWIW, it makes my life easier to use filters to take ANY mail that
> has autox in it (either CC or from or TO) and put it in a separate
> folder. Then you can not have it mixed in with your work and personal
> mail. Then, you can read it at your leisure, when your delete finger is
> limber and in shape.

I filter all of my mail.  I have 9 folders that I filter mail into.  I
also have 34 filters that take care of my mail.  Most of them are spam
filters.  I have thought about sending the ESP messages to a subfolder
of my team.net folder, but have decided that this would be counter
productive, and I might miss even more info (i.e. ESPN stuff).

> Randy Chase

91 Saturn SL2
525 ES
--