Re: Only Interested in Your Own Car Syndrome

To: Don Kline <solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Only Interested in Your Own Car Syndrome
From: Eric Yousey <yousey.2@wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 01:00:42 -0400
Don Kline wrote:

> Gosh....what a stretch.  First of all let me preface with the fact that I
> too haven't been following the entire ESP thing.  After the first 15-20
> posts I realized the horse was dead and that the people concerned  with this
> matter were overworking the US Postal Service with the flood of mail to
> Denver about this, the fax machine was out of paper and the email box
> couldn't take another message.

I was reading the ESPs for quite a while, then I just found them
uninteresting and stopped reading them.  I'm sure that if I kept reading
that I might have learned something, but I remember in one day alone I
recieved over 100 messages for team.net about ESP.  That is a lot of
time to read something that doesn't really apply to me.

> Now the stretch.  I must have missed
> something in what was sniped for the messages below but it wasn't apparent
> to me that Mr. Yousey drives a Saturn, or that he really wanted the posts to
> be ONLY relevant to him.

I do drive a Saturn.  It is a 91 SL2, and I do run the ES class.  I
didn't join this list to get info exclusive to Saturns.  That is why I
read the Saturn newsgroups and the SPC mailing list.

> Maybe I missed something in the translation or
> sniping or something.  As for number of messages/Saturn and messages/ESP I
> guess I really fall short and since I'm the only ONE to run a Toyota in DM
> and DM only has 10 to 15 entries (if that) at National this message in
> unworthy of the bandwidth (whatever that is...sorry I just use it don't
> understand it..or care to) this message has taken up.

Bandwidth has to do with the amount of data that needs to be
transmitted, and the amount of room for it.  A 56k modem running at 56k
speeds has more bandwidth than a 28.8k modem.  More bandwidth means
faster downloads.  The amount of bandwidth that I have, I'm on a school
network, takes me about a fraction of a second to retrieve a message.  A
56k modem would probably take several seconds.

So I pitty the people that only check and download their mail once a
day, and have to wait for about 5 or so minutes as they pull down about
100+ messages.

91 Saturn SL2
525 ES
--