BS classing question

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: BS classing question
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 00:18:22 -0500
The ESP thread has been both informative and entertaining.

"It just seems like poor engineering to me if you cannot overcome it
with spring rates and sway bars."

ding ding ding ding ding!!  Pony car people LIKE their poorly engineered
cars and there are lots of them.  My guess is an avalanche of pony car
owner letters would outweigh a handful of BMW owner letters.  Which
brings us to a similar situation for next years BS.  We already have
what most people would call a very successful class with the current
Miata.  But next years model supposedly has 15 more hp and the
mid-engined MR-Spyder also comes to town.  A quick look at past Tour and
Nats results says you could make an argument that the current Miata
would fit in AS, also a successful class.  When does the Miata 'fit' in
AS?  Will we see lot's of 94-99 Miata's up for sale after Nats?  What's
the lesser of the evils?  What do you want to see happen?

Sources of info...

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/index.html#nat_tour
http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/98nationals/index.html
http://www.miata.net/faq/