Re: BS classing question

To: cashmo@spec-rx7.org
Subject: Re: BS classing question
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 01:38:52 -0400
> owner letters would outweigh a handful of BMW owner letters.  Which
> brings us to a similar situation for next years BS.  We already have
> what most people would call a very successful class with the current
> Miata.  But next years model supposedly has 15 more hp and the
> mid-engined MR-Spyder also comes to town.  A quick look at past Tour
> and
> Nats results says you could make an argument that the current Miata
> would fit in AS, also a successful class.  When does the Miata 'fit'
> in
> AS?  Will we see lot's of 94-99 Miata's up for sale after Nats?
> What's
> the lesser of the evils?  What do you want to see happen?

Hi Jeff, I thought the new Miata was supposed to have an additional
30HP? Wel anyway it would be tough to reclass the current Miata.
It's too much for CS and the New higher power Miata's would put
down the current crop of BS Miata's in a big way.
We'll probably see a lot of posts regarding BS when the new Miata
and the MR Spyder start competing.
My guess would be the 94-99 Miatas will be kept in BS and just
be class underdogs.

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
mailto:Solo-2@juno.com