Re: (imrx7) Re: Car Classification Rules

To: David Hawkins <otgrouch@twosrus.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (imrx7) Re: Car Classification Rules
From: Chris Shepard <maverick@purplemtn.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 13:40:17 -0600
David Hawkins wrote:

> > Someone told me that with just a roll bar I
> > could call it an ITA road racer and run autox CSP.
> > Any truth to that?  I tried to get an IT Specs book
> > from club HQ, but they were out.  Don't like the
> > upper weight of a roll bar, but my junker running in
> > FP is simply ludicrous.  ;)
>
> I was going to recommend just this.  You need a cage,
> though...not just a bar.  You'll also need a cut off switch,
> fire supression and few other things, and your tires can't
> stick out of the fenders.  Basically you have to build an
> IT car.  Now, at the regional level, the cage should be
> all you need to run CSP unless you show up with a cage,
> slicks, and a 4th gen engine in it.

        So, if it's Spec7-safety-legal, I can call it ITA?
        Which rulebook says an ITA car is eligible for
        Solo II CSP?  Does this apply to National, too?

> Your junker is in FP because you put it there....

        Man, if you could have seen/smelled it, you'd have
        done exactly the same thing, I guarantee you.  :)

> buy some
> carpet at Wal Mart for $5 a roll and throw the seats in
> and I doubt anyone would think of protesting you.

        Hmmm.  That'd put me back in CS, where the car
        actually belongs.  Gonna have to thimk (sic) some
        on that.

        Thanks!

--
Chris "Maverick" Shepard - Bailey, Colorado
SCCA Solo II Class FP '83 RX-7 (junker)