Re: karting in Solo

To: Rich <mudfly@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: karting in Solo
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 18:28:41 -0500
Rich wrote:
> The briggs is not a bad package for under 13 years of
> age, When the kids get older and heavier the 2cycle engines works better in
> terms of power and overall cost.

My experience from this weekend in Peru was that my daughter haad a much
easier time driving the Briggs karts with a mechanical clutch, and was
therefore faster in that kart than the "fast" karts.  No doubt the
100cc, oil clutch karts are ulimately faster, the low tech, easy to
drive way is teh ticket for kids new to this.  Personally, I think they
are a bit too sophisticated.  Don't laugh...I have heard complaints of
the cost.  The older kids need more of a challenge though, so it will be
just like any other class.

Had lots-o-fun though.  Thank you to Bob Monday and Ron Conrad for
generously allowing my daughter to get her first autocrossing
experience.  And thank you to the patient and curtious corner workers
who helped her out.  She stalled the kart on her first run ever, and
they made the experience something better than it could have been.  She
ended up having a great time and wants to keep trying.

Pat Washburn