Re: Clarification needed - "coilovers" in street prepared.

To: "Steven N. Burkett" <sburkett@ooi.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clarification needed - "coilovers" in street prepared.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:54:58 -0500
From: Steven N. Burkett <sburkett@ooi.com>

>This is probably a dumb question, but...
>
>I'm confused on the wording of 14.8.A - says that coilovers can't be used
>where not originally equipped.  But the term "coilover" seems to be
>ill-defined in general.

Just a minute.  That "coilover" line is still in the 2000 book?  I have a
note written into my 1998 book (newest I have) that the last line of
paragraph 14.8 was stricken by the SEB as of May 19, 1998, such note as the
result of a FasTrack report.  What happened since?

I argued that the line was both meaningless and unnecessary because there
was no consensus of what "coilover" means and no definition in the rule
book.  I proved that point pretty convincingly via a survey I took on
team.net.  I asked for private mail with a definition of the word
"coilover".  I had an amazing variety of answers.

I thought this whole thing had been put to rest on May 19, 1998.  What
happened?

Oh, and by the way, about the subject line:  A "clarification" is not
needed.  A properly-written rule is needed.

Flames about messing in the business of clubs of which I ma not currently a
member are welcome.  I was a member at the time of my survey, though.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
LOON, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green