Re: Short People & Pillows?

To: clash_girl@yahoo.com, tmaycock@interaccess.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Short People & Pillows?
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 12:32:10 PDT
"Lisa E." <clash_girl@yahoo.com> wrote:

>A gal in my class at my last autox used a pillow to
>sit on and a bolster behind her -- I get the sense
>from the below thread that this kind of thing is
>illegal?

It's explained in detail under "Clarifications" in Appendix G.
Since you don't have the book yet, it paraphrases down to
allowing pillows and padding on the seat, as long as they
are not fastened to the seat in any way.

>I wouldn't protest, I'm not close to beating her, but
>I thought at first that maybe this is something *I*
>should be doing if she is....it appears that might not
>be the case.

See what Mark Sirota was saying???  As soon as one person does
it, everyone else feels that they have to in order to be
competitive.

>Also my boyfriend pointed out that sitting on a pillow
>would just make it easier for me to look just past the
>nose of the car, which I shouldn't be doing anyway --
>I should be looking ahead, so I might as well not
>tempt myself....

Many would argue that there's an advantage to sitting
closer to the controls, which might out-weigh the temptation
to watch the cones go under the front bumper.

Bring an extra $10 to the Peru Tour, since you'll have to
buy a current rule book at registration.....

-Arthur