Re: Insurance

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:26:37 -0400
If memory serves, at one time, GEICO had a laundry list of things that
would cause them to deny you coverage.  Included was membership in a car
club or any sanctioning body (IMSA, SCCA, NHRA, etc.).  Among the others
(and the phrasing here indicates that their research into auto
modifications didn't include anything newer than 1962) were such items as
"cheater slicks", "3/4 race cam", "exhaust dumps", "lakes pipes",
"quick-change rear end", "zoomie headers" and, again, if memory serves,
"fuel injection".

They have clever TV ads, but since they spend so much effort buying and
distributing radar and laser guns to police departments in the states where
they do business -- "free as long as they're used to write speeding
tickets" -- and GEICO in fact bailed out laser gun maker LTI when LTI was
about to go under, they won't ever get any of my business.  And of course,
as an SCCA member, I'd likely get denied coverage in the first place.
Maybe I should call them sometime and see if they still have that laundry
list.

Jim Crider
#65 ESP '99 Mustang Cobra