Re: Results at Ayer NT

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Subject: Re: Results at Ayer NT
From: Jesse <94kart@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:24:01 +0000
We had the pleasure of meeting Eric and his parents, super nice people!
It won't be long till Eric starts racking up some trophies! The other
Juniors and their families, Dave Scannell and his parents, Scott
Minehart and Team Underdog were great people also. Scott was very quick
but had kart problems, We loaned him our cage kart but sadly the
ignition went out in the figure 8's.
Dave Scannell made all 3 runs clean on Sunday!
 I had to convince my son(Jesse) to slow down and just make one clean
run. He couldn't find the gates and almost DNF'ed all 3 runs on Sunday.
He says he never worked so hard to win a racing trophy in his life.  He
learned that sometimes you have to slow down to go fast.
  IMO it would be have been better if they had a trophy or momento of
some type for the younger Briggs Junior Drivers that didn't trophy. The
teenage kids on 2 cycles have a definate advantage (provided they finish )
  The Tour was a great experience, Everyone was really nice and helpful.
Some of the modified drivers offered Jesse a chance to sit in their
cars(recruiting?) I think he has his eye on F mod.

Rick