Re: Results at Ayer NT

To: randyc2@home.com
Subject: Re: Results at Ayer NT
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:58:00 -0400
> Congrats to Mathew Clements, only one spot out of the trophies!
> Interesting in that he needed one clean run at the end of each day,
> and got it! Must have been nail biting time for the parents...

More so for him, actually.  These were his first 4 off courses, and three
of them he had to refer to the audit sheet and course map to know where
they were.  Sadly, he was doing the "right" thing--looking ahead and
seeing the lane that wasn't the right lane.  Sigh.  This caused many
DNFs, not just in Formula Junior.  (That is, many of the DNFs were "lost"
DNFs, not "aggressive"DNFs.)

> Too bad about the last placed
> driver, it looked like he would have been in 1st if he had a clean
> run.

Yes, I felt terrible for him!  His kart is blazingly fast, but a bit
temperamental to keep running.

> Seems like a lot of DNFs followed by DNSs also. A lot of Sunday
> DNS's.
> Why was that? Mass discouragement? Change in weather?

Weather was threatening briefly on Sunday afternoon, but everyone got all
dry runs (to Eric's dismay--he had already switched to full tread Kumhos
for Sunday afternoon when it looked really scary).

mlc
'91 MR2 NA
-----anything after this, I didn't write, and don't necessarily agree
with----