Re: Calling all technical gurus! (non-autox content follows)

To: "Brad Cox" <coxb@trimofran.org>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Calling all technical gurus! (non-autox content follows)
From: bruce haden <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:44:25 -0700
At 10:00 AM 06/13/2000 -0500, Brad Cox wrote:
>I am posting a question for a list impaired friend.  He has a leak in
>the plastic tank on his Porsche 928.  it's very small, and in a very
>accessible location.  He has tried some sort of patching material made
>by "Goop", but I don't know if it was specific for his application.
>The patch held for awhile, but gave way when the tank became
>pressurized.  Does anyone have experience patching plastic gas tanks?
>And if so, what did you patch them with?  Thanks!!!
>
>-Brad
 I don't KNOW if it will work, but you might try JB Weld with a little
piece of fiberglass screen mesh. I've seem JB Weld patch some wierd
things. Also rough up the surface so it will adhere better and use something
like Brakleen to clean the area. Something that leaves no residue. After
application cover the area with duct tape to keep it from falling off if it
is on
the bottom.