Re: new Physics of Racing Article

To: jeff.harmon@Adobe.COM, nwautox@wwscc.org
Subject: Re: new Physics of Racing Article
From: "Brian Beckman" <brianbec6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 21:53:08 PDT
RATS.  Looks like ligatures ("fi", "fl", and a couple of others) did not
come out in all environments. There may be other problems..., all with
formatting.

all I can say, in the way of excuses, is that "it looked right on my
system".  dang.  i DID try out several things like dvi2ps and dvi2html
before settling on the Adobe PDF print driver, which, evidently, did not do
an overwhelmingly correct job.

i'll take suggestions: should i publish the ".tex" sources? should i pop for
Adobe "distiller"?  what's the best way to get TeX to the web?  was it worth
waiting nine years for web technology to catch up to the Macintosh of 1990,
whereon I wrote the first twelve articles?  sigh.