Re: new Physics of Racing Article

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: new Physics of Racing Article
From: Mike Mitchell <mitchell@gatecom.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:14:12 -0400
Guys.

Here's a story I tell to exemplify Mac vs. PC/Windows.

Two suburbans get up at 7 AM on a Saturday morning to play golf but first they
need to cut the grass.

Our PCer gets up and proceeds to measure the height of the grass, reset the
mowing height, check his directional diary
to see how he cut the grass last time, lay out a new mowing pattern with a
minimum of turns etc.   Two hours later,
he's waiting in line to tee off about 10 AM.

The MAC guy goes in the garage, pulls the cord on the mower, and is done
cutting in about 30 minutes, and is teeing off
by 8 AM!

You know, sometimes as a pick driver's minds to find ways I might go faster on
an autox course, sometimes I think....is
this a Mac driver, or a PC scientist.    Is it intuitive, what works, hey let's
try this?  Or is it you got to get the
latest (whatever), if I just had more torque, where's my brakepoint? Sort of
right brain vs. left brain.

Later

MIke M
'97 Eclipse GSX