Re: new Physics of Racing Article

To: "Brian Beckman" <brianbec6@hotmail.com>, <jeff.harmon@Adobe.COM>,
Subject: Re: new Physics of Racing Article
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:30:55 -0500
From: Brian Beckman <brianbec6@hotmail.com>

Good  to hear from you again!  I didn't see the first part of this thread.
Where is this new article to be found?

>all I can say, in the way of excuses, is that "it looked right on my
>system".  dang.  i DID try out several things like dvi2ps and dvi2html
>before settling on the Adobe PDF print driver, which, evidently, did not do
>an overwhelmingly correct job.

There is a lot to be said for plain ASCII text.  Works virtually everywhere.
Of course, that does raise a problem with illustrations and some formulae.

>was it worth
>waiting nine years for web technology to catch up to the Macintosh of 1990,
>whereon I wrote the first twelve articles?  sigh.

Yeah.  I'm a computer user, not a computer techie.  When my work switched
over from Mac to DOSbox, I switched over at home, too.  I still miss the
user-friendliness of the early Macs.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
LOON, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.mnautox.com/
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green