Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:55:29 -0400
>I'm with ya', Pauly. Clean air just SUCKS.

LOL! Actually Florida air is pretty damn good with or without it.
There were only 6 counties left that were still required to have any
smog testing. And it is a real PITA because it is only done by one
company that is government appointed. For $10 you get to wait for 2-3
hours while they test the cars ahead of you - sort of like California
DMV without the appointment. So instead of forcing every motorist to
waste all this time every single year, it is being replaced with huge
cutbacks to industrial polluters, such as the local power company, who
have been allowed to operate for decades with no restrictions at all.

The only part I feel bad about it is that the beaters will again
appear. You know, the $35 special with bald tires that may have
another 100 miles in it before it terminally expires. But that car
probably doesn't have insurance either so let the law enforcement
community deal with it.

Paul "getting to be more and more of a Republican as retirement sets
in" Foster