Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!

To: "autocross list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!
From: "Jarrod Pilone" <moparman@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:19:17 -0400
Well, yes and no, I live here in South Florida and everywhere you go you see
nothing but cars that are within a few years old. Even the beaters that
fail, the people go get em fixed or rig them to pass. My '84 242 volvo has a
gutted cat in it, the car passes emmissions with a gutted cat like no
tomorrow!

But there are a few exceptions, like my buddy with his '79 lil red express
that blows rich all the time, we have to lean it out to the moon and retard
the timing lots and add some alcohol to the gas to make it pass.

My other 3 cars are older than 1974 and didn't need emissions in the first
place:) Good thing because my convertible smokes like hell when you floor
it. That'll be remedied soon with a shiny new engine in a month making
around 400 ponies:) which will move my 3,900 lb 'vert around better than the
250 horse 318 now.

Jarrod

http://www.mopar-man.com  moparman@mediaone.net
President, Mopars of the Palm Beaches http://www.crosswinds.net/~mopb
'70 Road Runner 'Vert (Clone)   '72 Demon Street Machine Project Car
'70 Duster 340 4 Speed In-Violet, Now 318 and black