Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Subject: Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:53:15 -0700

"Linnhoff, Eric" wrote:

> And until someone makes big industry clean up their act we'll never make
> even a dent in the smog.  Don't they smog check cars in LA?  Case closed on
> the efficacy of smog checks.

Really? Considering the increased industry and number of cars, it is
surprising how much the air is cleaner in SoCal compared to what it used
to be. It is working.  A ton of info is here
http://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm

Randy Chase (very low emissions from the Fish Tacos...urp)
'91 MR2 in the shop, and they can't figure it out either...but we agree
that it is getting worse and should not be driven until fixed