Re: Driving Shoes, Now have you seen a fire?

To: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: Driving Shoes, Now have you seen a fire?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:19:01 -0500
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>

>Were you there? :-)

No.  I read about it on Team.Net.

>That was one of the scariest car fires I've ever
>seen...Pilar and her passenger were very very lucky to get out of the car.

The way I heard it, the shotgun was Victor Sias, who jumped out of the car
whilst it was still moving and dragged her out.

For those who don't know of which we speak, apparently a rear tire came off
of Pilar's RX7.  The fuel tank was scraped by the pavement, resulting in
a)leak and b)sparks followed by c) conflagration.

Details and embellishments will no doubt come from those who actually were
there.

I was fortunate enough to meet Pilar at Nationals in 1996.  She was happy to
see me because I DID have a roll of quarters in my pocket.  The laundromat
at the Raceway Inn had no bill-changer.

She did a very nice talking-head bit on "Phil's Big Adventure".  BTW, there
are three copies of that still missing in action, lo these many years later.
I'll take 'em back no questions asked:
Phil Ethier
44 Robie St W
Saint Paul  MN  55107

Re:  Fires.  We had a Prepared (maybe not well enough?) Fiesta get a fuel
fire at a MAC event.  Nothing too dramatic.  We put it out post haste with a
fire bottle.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green