SEDiv Solo2 Event - OZARK AL, AUG. 11 - 13

To: solo2atlanta@topica.com, autox@autox.team.net, BuccaneerAutoX@egroups.com
Subject: SEDiv Solo2 Event - OZARK AL, AUG. 11 - 13
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:59:39 EDT
Hopefully the third try is a charm :-)

On August 12 - 13 the BFGoodrich Team T/A SCCA SEDiv Solo2 Series *will* have
it's first point-series event, as hosted by the Wiregrass Region, at Hunt
Stage Field near Ozark, AL.  As many of you are aware, our first two
scheduled events at Jacksonville, FL and Lakeland, FL were cancelled due to
last-minute site conflicts with unforeseen non-SCCA activities.  We fully
intend to reschedule these events for later in the year.  Short of World War
3, we should not have any problem with the Ozark site.  Listed below is a
summary of general event information:

SPONSORS
BFGoodrich's Team T/A is our main Series sponsor.  Please send them a
letter/email of thanks for their generous donation to the SEDiv Solo2
program, which we probably would not exist without.  Their website is:
http://bfgoodrichtires.com

Evolution Performance Driving School is sponsoring the Friday Night Welcome
Party and On-site Lunch for both days.  The lunch is free to all competitors.
 Additional lunch meal tickets will be made available for non-competitors at
$5/adult and $3/children.  For more information on becoming a top-tier Solo2
driver go to: http://autocross.com/mckameyschool

Edwards & Edwards Consultants sponsors both the SEDiv website
(www.eec.com/sediv) and the SEDiv Rookie Program.  In order to compete as a
Rookie this must be your first year as a divisional competitor.  Points and
awards will be based on the PAX index in the following four categories:
Stock, Street Prepared, Prepared, and Modified.  Detailed info on the SEDiv
Rookie Program will be provided in the event mailer and is also available
online at: www.eec.com/sediv

REGISTRATION
The event mailer is not yet completed, but should go out within the next
several weeks.  You can register online at:  http://www.eec.com/sediv
All SCCA Solo2 classes will be open for registration.

SITE LOCATION
Ozark, AL is located approx. 25 miles north of Dothan, AL on US Hwy 231,
which runs north-south between Dothan and Montgomery, AL.  Hunt Stage Field
is located approx. 5 miles south of Ozark, AL on County Road 18 just off US
Hwy 231.  Turn west from US Hwy 231 onto CR 18 and the site is 1/2 mile on
the right.  The site consists of a 1200 ft x 450 ft brushed concrete pad as
the event course area with plenty of paved asphalt grid/pit area.  The event
surface is known for being abrasive so it is recommended to bring race tires
with lots of treadface depth.  Delta flys into Dothan, AL should anyone so
desire.

***Due to local military politics we ask that NOBODY show up to the event
site before 6 PM Friday!  This is VERY IMPORTANT so please comply

EVENT OFFICIALS
The Wiregrass is a small region with limited resources.  We need experienced
competitors to volunteer as event officials for the following positions:

Safety Steward (need at least 1 more), Chief of Timing/Scoring, Chief of
Tech/Impound, Chief of Workers, Chief of Grid, Chief of Protest, and
Announcers.

We also need volunteer workers for Registration and Tech.

ACCOMODATIONS
Overnight camping/sleeping at the event site is not allowed.  The official
event hotel room block process is not yet completed, but it will most likely
be the Ozark Holiday Inn; an update will be provided shortly with all the
necessary information.  There is a reasonable RV park located nearby the
Holiday Inn; that information can be provided upon request.  Ozark has many
basic restaurants and businesses convenient to the event hotel on Hwy 231;
WalMart, KMart, auto parts, etc. but lacks the upscale chain restaurants.  If
consuming mass quantities of necessary supplements at Hooters or Outback
Steakhouse is important to you then there is the option of staying approx. 18
miles south of the event site in Dothan, AL.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact me.

Mark Sipe
SEDiv Solo2 Steward
(334) 324-1701
(334) 396-4279 fax