S2000s and Miatas

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: S2000s and Miatas
From: "Steve Sucsy" <ssucsy@nts-online.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:31:02 -0500
Brad Cox asks:
"Do you folks think the S2000 will ever catch the Miata in Solo2?"

An interesting question, which raises another question.  Didn't it take a
while for the Miata to be developed into a successful autocross car?  I'm
not trying to make a point here; I'm actually asking the question.  I can't
remember, but it seems like the car (Miata) was originally written off as
being too "twitchy".  Those of you who were some of the first to autocross
Miatas, how long was it after their introduction, that they became strong
autocross contenders?

Steve Sucsy
S2000
Hoping