Re: S2000s and Miatas + 15HP

To: "Stephen Bernard" <solo-2@juno.com>, <ssucsy@nts-online.net>
Subject: Re: S2000s and Miatas + 15HP
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:50:49 -0700
Keep in mind the 2000 Miata is a bit heavier than your '99 Sport (or, for
that matter, the '94-'97 R).  With the same equipment levels as a 2000, the
2001 will probably not gain that much from 15 hp.  And as far as autoxing is
concerned, you should also remember that extra 15 hp peaks 500 rpm higher.

Unless they pump the Miata up quite a bit (say, to 175-180 hp), I think the
1.8L cars should stay in B Stock.

Scot
'91 "No BS" Miata ;)