Re: S2000s and Miatas + 15HP

To: roadsterboy@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: S2000s and Miatas + 15HP
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:57:11 -0400
> I'm not convinced that the 6-speed is that much of an advantage in
> autocross, unless course speeds are kept low enough that you'd stay
> off the
> rev limiter most of the time.  Besides that, it's more weight.

I can't see all that much of an advantage in the 6 spd.
but 15 extra ponies is a definate plus.
I almost never bounce off the limiter in 2nd anyway.

> > Well reality is that Stock cars get replaced far more easily than
> > Mod cars. New models all the time, a 180HP Miata would be nice
> > but I think the MR Spyder is far more likely to happen with
> > the Celica engine.
>
> Agreed.  And an Mr2 Spyder with the Celica GTS engine would probably
> be a good candidate for A Stock, although I'm not sure how competitive
it
> would be against S2000's and Boxsters.

I would Hope it would be placed into AS with 185hp
but it does sound like a decent street car.
The Boxster would be close tho much less $$$ tho.

> > If the new Miata is an overdog letters will get written.
>
> I'm sure they will write if this is the case.

I don't think the extra 15hp will cause the Miata to
be moved, no place for it to go, it's an overdog in CS
and the new Miata isn't up to AS.

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
NER Region (Novice Class)