Re: Nay to Peter Fehn, and event impressions

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nay to Peter Fehn, and event impressions
From: "Brad Cox" <coxb@trimofran.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:51:36 -0500
>>Why would he design a course that is "tight & difficult". AutoX is about
having fun.<<

I thought the course was a lot of fun.  As far as "tight & difficult" goes, I
thought it was one of the easier ones to negotiate.  Certainly a lot less
difficult (for me) than many other courses at the same location.  Also about 10
seconds longer.  I really had a lot of fun driving it.  Besides, I can throw a
baseball across the parking lot, so I don't know what Pete expects.  Some of
the gates were fairly narrow, so a few of the ESP guys (No CP cars present)
looked to have a little trouble because they couldn't drive sideways very much.
;-)  However, the FS drivers were setting great times.

The event had some glitches, mostly arising from computer problems from what
I've heard.  Attendance was big, and the heats ran long.  But this was John's
first time as event master and course designer.  I'm just REALLY glad that
somebody is willing to step up and do it.  After all, most of the rest of us
just show up, pay a few bucks, and have our fun.  I'm sure he'll get things
more smoothed out next time.

>>By the way Peter Fehn did load up his car and go home after he was
through venting his anger.<<

I was wondering what happened to him.  At least he took his attitude with him.
I'm sorry your kids had to hear that though.  People need to watch their
language at these events.

-Brad