Re: why the harrisburg pro took less time

To: jss@marimba.com, TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: why the harrisburg pro took less time
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:57:37 EDT
 Mark Sipe wrote:
 > The starter is suppose to reset the shot clock immediately after the
launch
 > of the previous cars ...

Josh1 responded:

>> Really?

>> I haven't worked as a starter in 3-4 years, but we used to start it as
>> soon as the first car of the pair triggered the pre-stage light.

>> That way if the pair isn't ready, they are crossing sides, etc, they
>> don't get penalized.  Has the "official" policy changed?

I started Challenge competition as recently as May 2000 (LeMoore.)  The rule
I've always gone by is if there is a second pair of cars in the line behind
the ones that are leaving, you reset the clock and start it counting down
immediately.  If it's a situation where 2 cars are crossing sides (or during
class competition, when a new batch is brought down from grid), you start the
shot clock coming down as soon as both have entered the "chutes" on either
side of  the T&S truck.  As far as I know, it's been this way since the
invention of the shot clock.

CHD