Re: Solo participation too high?

To: John Whitling <alliancemillsoft@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Solo participation too high?
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:54:38 -0400
John Whitling wrote:
> I think that the requirement to run some other event before nationals
> causes some of this and frankly, I would like to see that requirement
> done away with.

I think the main purpose of the rule is to ensure that Nationals
entrants have some familiarity with the details of a Big Event --
numbered cones, multiple courses, the T&S system, etc.  And I think
that's important.  I think the rule should remain, though I'm all for
having more Tour events.

Although there are more Tour events now than there used to be -- there
were only six for a few years at least.

Mark