RE: Solo participation too high?

To: Raymond.Colbert@alcoa.com, autox@autox.team.net, matthew@powerplug.com
Subject: RE: Solo participation too high?
From: "John Gross" <jogross3@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 06:36:35 PDT
> > Should there be some sort of additional prerequisites needed to enter?
> >
>No!!!  that is elitism and other sports have that problem already.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

>Simply raise the price.

This, however, I strongly agree with.  I am a college student who got into
SOLO II about 2 years ago.  One of the things about SOLO II which drew me in
is that it's affordable, even to college students.  I don't have much money
to spend on things like this as it is.  I'm always looking for deals on used
R-compounds just so I can have some sticky fun.  I've never had enough money
to be able to race on a brand new set of tires yet.  I was planning on going
to some NT or Regional events this upcoming school year, but if the prices
go up more, I know a lot of my friends and I who were going to go together
wouldn't be able to.  The low cost of SOLO II is one of the things that
allows people like college students, and people who's significant other
holds the purse strings pretty tightly  ;-)  From what I've heard,
registration numbers may need to be put under a little better control, but
raising the prices would make big events like this more prohibitive to new,
young drivers.