Yet another sport on the verge of elitism...

To: ax-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Yet another sport on the verge of elitism...
From: "Mark Radelow" <radelow@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:23:09 GMT
I am not a big autox'r, in fact I have only done it a few times (prepping my
car for road racing).  But one of the beauties of Solo II is that it is
cheap, fun, and is open to everyone.  If you are going to limit who can join
what events and in what order they may join AND increase the prices, you go
away from what this sport is all about.  Call me crazy but this is
grassroots motorsports.  None of us are professionals and simply don't have
the right to say who can and can't race.  It seems humorous to me that the
ones that want to limit who can race would be the ones who benefit the most.
  Typical.  If events get too crowded don't be angry that it is crowded, BE
GLAD that there are a large group of people showing interest.  That's just
my take on it.

Mark
97 Jetta VR6
91 GTI 16V