Re: Yet another sport on the verge of elitism...

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: Yet another sport on the verge of elitism...
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:01:23 -0700
dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> I want to make my
> living doing autocross (stop laughing Roger) and the sport isn't "finished"
> until it's possible for me - or at least for a regular group of "someones",

Bwahahahaheeheee! NFW, bud. To make a living, you gotta have this thing
called "income." In pro sports, it comes from folks we like to call
"paying spectators." Solo's been around a long, long time. Nobody's ever
managed to get the public to come watch it AND pay for the privilege.
"Dream on, dream on," to paraphrase a certain Mr. Hendrix.

This is a hobby. A damn challenging (and expensive) one, but still a
hobby. I think you'd be much better off just learning to have fun doing
it. And, BTW, "don't quit the day job just yet."

Jay