Re: Peru and Registration

To: TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: Peru and Registration
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:35:38 -0400
TeamZ3@aol.com wrote:
> If I have to choose between running a shorter course or limiting
> entrants then my vote is to limit entrants.  I'm coming 550+ miles to
> run a National Tour event, not an overcrowded toy autox.

Eh?  Course length has (almost) nothing to do with how long the day
takes.  All it affects is the additional time for the last car to
finish, plus increased opportunity for reruns.  A longer course also
typically takes more space, which could be a factor in the decision to
use two simultaneous courses.

But in the end, these are minor factors.  Course length really has no
place in this discussion.  Or am I missing some subtle portion of your
point?

Mark