Re: NorPac Divisional Course question

To: "Ron Bauer" <ronbauer@aa.net>, "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: NorPac Divisional Course question
From: "JCGZ3" <jcgz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:58:57 -0700
Spins are usually caused by a build up of oscillations un corrected (like in
any slalom) and/or having the car on edge and doing a sudden change (like
brake or let up off the gas as most do at the finish).  Combine that with
the enthusiasm of a finish, and you get more spins than normal :-).  When I
design courses, I usually try to protect the finish lights, by placing a lot
of distance from the last element and the timing lights.  In your case you
didn't have the room to extend the timing lights further down, so to protect
the lights more, you would have needed to reduce or remove the final slalom.
Saturdays course had the same problem in the final turn as it took you right
out to the lights.

In any event, I completely enjoyed the courses both days :-)
---JCG