Re: Mazda commercial

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mazda commercial
From: "Ron N." <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:28:21 -0400
Mazda stopped selling the RX-7 because of poor sales.  Had nothing to do
with fuel economy, maybe a little with emissions.  96 was the first year of
ODB-II, the RX-7 was not ODB-II compliant.  With such low sales volume,
Mazda decided it was not worth making the RX-7 OBD-II.  Besides, the Miata
had strong sales.  I have heard of an RX replacement, but more MX-5 than
RX-7, kind of like M coupe and roadster, though.

The 300ZX was another, although Nissan did make it OBD-II, after 96 it
couldn't pass side impact tests.  So Nissan stopped importing them to the
US, although they are still for sale elsewhere in the world.

Ron N. - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo (GRM $2001 Challenger)
IZCC# 4779   TLS#30