Re: the whole NT/participation thing [long]

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: the whole NT/participation thing [long]
From: "Brad Cox" <coxb@trimofran.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:46:04 -0500
>>I'd say that the growing number of short-sighted individuals
bitching on team.net about the very thing that Denver has been
actively pursuing - the growth of Solo II - is pretty damn
ridiculous.<<

Yep.  Perceptive folks are counting their blessings right now.  This "problem"
sure beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!  People with even more
perception are racking their brains trying to accomodate each and every
potential entrant, because they know that there may come a day (there WILL come
a day IMHO) when we only wish we had such "problems".

And, yes, there are limits for each site, to be determined by the site and the
organizers.  What organizers must do is find out what factors determine the
limits that they have defined.  Then find ways to influence those factors to
accomodate more entrants.

Somebody recently posted that top-fuel dragsters put out 7000hp now (!).  Eight
years ago they put out around 5000hp.  Where the heck did they find the extra
2000hp??!  Well, they did and that's my point.

-Brad