Re: Keizer Wheels VS. Real Racing Wheels

To: <dicej@cnw.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Keizer Wheels VS. Real Racing Wheels
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 21:07:06 -0500
I can tell you the Keizer side of the story, I am a Keizer dealer.
Ron VerMulm (R & S) could tell you about the Real, he sells that line.

The Keizers are made from 6061 T6 aluminum. I do not know
what type aluminum is used on the Real's, I suspect the same. 6061
is an aircraft alloy, noted for it's strength. The T6 designation is the
hardness it is heat treated to, as measured on the B scale of the
Rockwell hardness tester. (I also was the Supervisor of one of the
Heat Treat shops at American Airlines until reassignment recently, thus
am very familiar with this alloy and hardness).

Yes, you can bend an aluminum alloy wheel easily. Including Real Wheels.
There are many a "garped" wheel out there due to some ham fisted tire
changer. You need have a person familiar with racing tires, and racing
wheels deal with either of these brand wheels, when mounting tires..

Ron will mount Hoosiers on either of these wheels, he has mounted my
Keizers any number of times.

Are you sure of the cost of the Real Wheels? I found them to be more
expensive than the Keizers when I compared.

Which lug pattern, backspacing do you need? Where are you located?
I may be able to beat the Keizer price you quoted.