Autocrossing???

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Autocrossing???
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:53:23 -0400
Someone said:

<snip>

<<<me/my club for the Shootout in Cheyenne next summer, and
try your hand at a _real_ autocross, complete with all
the spectators you could want and more street curbs than
you could ever imagine being afraid of, and Cobras (not
Mustangs) that will break all eardrums, as well as all times.
I won't bother dropping any names, since team.net doesn't
seem to know anyone outside of the SCCA.>>>

<snip>

<<<As a dedicated "guy in white" for the road racers, it
pains me to say that the SCCA did not invent autocross,
is not the "end-all" of autocross, does not know everything
in the world about autocross, and definitely does not
run the best autocross events, unless you think "best"
means paying five nights of hotels in Fumbuck, Kansas to get
six or seven minutes of run time.

If you're into ego-trophies, go pay that price.  I'm just
into the fun of racing and the skill of driving, like
the other 95% of us that the SCCA has forgotten.>>>

Lessee now,

1) Real autocrosses don't have curbs because you have to be nuts to go
10/10ths anywhere near them.
2) Nationals is now in East Fumbuck and there aren't many hotels in
that part of the world.
3) Autocrossing isn't racing.
4) I hope you don't have the SCCA Solo II insuror for your events
because I'd hate for him to think we were all yahoos too.

Paul Foster