Re: ProSolo, Spectators, TV, et al.

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ProSolo, Spectators, TV, et al.
From: Paul Cezanne <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 19:15:47 -0400
>On the other hand, where there exists (or there are plans for) a
>multipurpose motorsports facility (like Las Vegas, for one example, IRP
>would be one closer to me), having a slab of pavement for autocross with
>some slight additions and modifications to the surroundings to suit the
>purpose of being a spectator venue, would be very practical, wouldn't
>it?

When New Hampshire International Speedway was built they also made
parking for the 50,000 or 100,000 fans that show up for the Winston
Cup and IRL race.  There is hundreds of acres available. Is any of it
paved?  Nope, all dirt.

(And before you think rallycross, I looked into that before there was
a rallycross program.  The area is saturated with rocks, many if them
baseball sized.  That's a real shame, the management is very SCCA
friendly but I can't see putting on a dirt event there.)

--
pZ -- Paul Cezanne (formerly Czarnecki)

Please consider buying my wife's new book, The Illusionist,
(http://www.JeannetteAngell.com) and then help the UN feed the world
for free @ http://www.TheHungerSite.com