Re: Look but don't touch (was Wendover Site Info?)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Look but don't touch (was Wendover Site Info?)
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:27:16 -0700
Enforcement of traffic laws in general seems to have a fair bit of
variability.  I think the new selling point for our Safari minivan is
"invisible to law enforcement."  Coming home from an autox Sunday (in
which I had borrowed a ride--thanks again, Lee!), I'm coming through town
and I'm not really sure how fast I was going.  I looked down *after*
slowing *after* seeing the flashing lights in my rearview mirror to see
that I was ~10 miles over the speed limit...and the policeman just drives
right by.

I've been pulled over (at least) twice as many times as Eric has, but
have only 1 ticket.  Part of it, I think, is how differently we respond
to being pulled over.  Eric gets defensive and is only partially
successful in masking that.  I get really scared and sad (speeding
tickets in PA finance the state's [bankrupt] uninsured motorist fund).

One other thing, the Tire Rack banner wouldn't obscure my vision if I
used it full size.  The steering wheel, though, that's another matter. (
:

mlc

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:07:19 -0400 "Ian" <ianmcfetridge@earthlink.net>
writes:
> Eric Carman wrote:
> > The funny thing is that he is not an 18 yr old kid.  He is a
> professional
> > in his late 20's.  And is a very responsible driver.
>
> I'm 30 years old, have a clean driving record, and I got my banner
> ticket
> while wearing a suit.  Sometimes it just doesn't matter.
>
> Ian
> 92GSX Philly ESP, retired to commuter duties
> 97GSX Philly Region's Street Modified!

mlc
'91 MR2 NA
------I take no responsibility for anything below this line------