RE: Look but don't touch (was Wendover Site Info?)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Look but don't touch (was Wendover Site Info?)
From: "Ian" <ianmcfetridge@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:08:56 -0400
This is kind of ironic.  I've been reading these posts about the decal and
thinking:  Hey, it comes off easy, if you're worried, take it off...besides,
what police department would waste their time writing a citation for a
nicely trimmed decal that doesn't obstruct the drivers vision.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/1859/decaltix.htm

Well, driving to the post office a couple hours ago, one of our local
officers pulled me over for my tirerack.com decal.  I wasn't speeding, my
car is not loud (unless WOT), so I instantly thought that it must be for the
decal.  I give the officer my info and he says that I was pulled over for a
window obstruction.  I almost started laughing, until I saw it was for $100.

Oh well, I took a chance (small as I thought it was) and got burned.  The
decal is off now and the officer said I could clean up my car and show the
judge that it is legal and he might drop the fine.  Oddly enough, I've had
the old ProSolo decal on my other car for over a year without any problems.
Just a few words of warning for other lazy folks driving in Pennsylvania.

Ian
92GSX Philly ESP, retired to commuter duties
97GSX Philly Region's Street Modified!