Re: My pads are out there

To: <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: My pads are out there
From: LiloACRguy@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 29 13:04:45 2000
Eric,

The neon R/T and ACR have disc brake assmebly that does not include the parking
brake.  They calipers are actuated driectly from the master cylinder when the
brake pedal is pushed. When the pedal is released, the pads should pull back
only enough to accomodate for rotor runout and a slight clearance.

The stock pads are heavily chamfered on the ends.  Unless your pads are very
worn, you cannot just look at the ends of the pads sticking out of the caliper.
 Take the wheel off and look through the inspection hole in the caliper.

The parking brake is an almost totaly seperate system.  The handle actuates a
miniature drum brake located inside the brake rotor hat.  It has an (crappy)
automatic tensioner in it's system.  My ACR has such a bad parking brake system
that I have run entire laps with it on with very little difference in time, or
even noticing that it was on. Gee, it seems to be scrubbing off speed a little
faster this lap.  hmmmm