Re: Maps and window decals

To: goodale7@gateway.net
Subject: Re: Maps and window decals
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:49:20 -0500
Jon Goodale, overflowing with integrity, penned:

> I noticed in your previous post that you are a musician.  Well we
> all
> know that musicians from Texas are dope smoking, alcoholic, wife
> beaters.

Okay, Jon, now it's my turn to be insulted!  I have never beaten my wife!

And then in a more serious tone, he said...Seriously, I would guess that
by and large that applies to the majority of us, which proves that there
are exceptions to every stereotype.  My comment was not intended as a
personal attack just an illustration that maybe from the inside looking
out your view may not be as clear as you may think.  There are a great
number of inequities perpetrated by our police and I happen to think that
it is easier for traffic cops to skew the rules in many situations.  This
is not an opinion based on inexperience.  That is why, when I see a
badge, I immediately place the wearer in a certain category, until I know
the person better and he/she does something to change my predisposed
assessment.  Your comment just happenned to reinforce my predisposition.

Unfortunately, I won't be making it to Topeka this year, but I look
forward to meeting you sometime, preferrably when you are out of uniform?

I disagree with your advice about team.net.  I think this forum allows us
to know each other more deeply than just spending a few hours together on
Sunday once in a while.  I feel that the majority of team.netters are
more open in this forum than they are in person.  Besides we make friends
we wouldn't have made otherwise.

Jon FP 73
"No, officer, the '63 Chevy truck didn't come with shoulder straps.  Or
seatbelts."