Re: how long should we wait

To: James Rogerson <jwalter@ptra.com>
Subject: Re: how long should we wait
From: Tim Schuh <tim@wankel.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:19:03 -0500
James Rogerson wrote:

> >..
> >..James, I know you are in a Mazda but that's no excuse!  What the hell are
> >..you talking about?
> >..
> >..Jon FP 73
>

> How long we should wait until we embrace and begin to utilize technology.
>Web based registration, is just one example.  An active database that allows
>entry and provides a current entry list is not that difficult.  We have Palm
>VII access to our HR databases that include rules compliance updates from the
>field from anywhere the Palm VII has coverage, regular internet access is of
>course world wide.
>
> This organization is NOT ahead of the curve, it's close to the rear.  Very
>late apex (AX content)
>
> ;-)
>
> James Rogerson
> FP #125 Houston Region (which is just as in the dark as many others)

I agree on this point.  I build networks for computer game tournaments
on the side.  We've had web-based registration for years now.  We
surely wouldn't survive without it and we only run tournaments twice a
year.  There are only 350-400 people attending such an event so it
could be handled manually if needed but who in their right minds would
want to?  I'm sure that DonaLeigh Engstrom, Cheryl Burns and everyone
else that runs registration would love to be able to look up a
registration verification number on a print out and send the attendee
on to the next station.  Heck, I'd even put the secure web server
together just so I could use it! =)

--

Tim Schuh - http://www.wankel.net
"If ya ain't hitting cones, ya ain't drivin' fast enough!" - Me

SCCA Texas Region
84 Mazda Rx-7 GSL-SE - #14 C Street Prepared
93 Mazda Rx-7 base   - Aftermarket everything
90 Dodge B250 Conversion -  #1 Love-nasium and Tow Vehicle

Dallas / Fort Worth Rx-7 list   : dfw-rx7@wankel.net
Dallas / Fort Worth Rx-7 webpage: dfwrx7.wankel.net
QwikData Data Acquisition list  : qwikdata@wankel.net
QwikData Data Acquisition Docs  : http://qwikdata.ugly.net
Texas Region Autocross Video    : http://autocross.ugly.net