Re: disallowed modifications which make no difference

To: "National Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: disallowed modifications which make no difference
From: "kent rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 19:22:46 -0400
The flares sound like weenie bait if the tires fit comfortably
under the bodywork.  The reinforcements, however,  are a
definite issue so if you dominate G Stock and win Nationals
next year, expect some grumbling and a protest or two.

BTW, if the new Stock reclassification goes through, you'll
be running with the Neon ACRs, etc. in DS.  I'd still think
the E30 M3 would be the car to have in that class.

Kent Rafferty

Travis wrote:

> This came to mind as I read the SEB approved SCAC
recommendation, which  becomes effective on 1/1/2001,
which states:

> BMW M3 (E30), from AS to GS
> Now, the problem...The car is going to kill everything in GS next
year, so I'm gonna have to move back to stock and remove all the
goodies.  Easy enough, except for the welded on reinforcements
(which provided no competitive advantage--unless you count NOT
having to spend money on a new trailing arm as an advantage) and
the flared fenders (again, no competitive advantage because they
will be housing the stock wheels, with 225/50/15 tires which easily
fit without the flare).

Question:  Am I asking to be protest bait?