Re: Stock reclassification???? the answer

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock reclassification???? the answer
From: "Richard Rees" <greyhawke@home.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 08:54:08 -0500
Aye, I agree (and not just because I happen to drive one).  Our group has 4
s2000s that run, and the one experienced driver that has race rubber (not
yours truly) has been fairly competitive with the Audi TT and the S4 that
runs in that class.  From looking at the proposed representative cars, I
think the Boxter S should be the low end of that class, and move the BMW M
roadster and coupe down to the next level along with the s2000.
Realistically, the M coupe may be a bit out of place, but the platform is
due for an update anyway, at which time they can be moved into the lower SS
class.  The s2000 isn't well known enough to be shuffling classes this
quickly, in my opinion.  From personal experience, I still need to
experiment with the setup to see how I can change it to suit my driving
style (or complete lack thereof).  Ah well, if the change does happen, I'll
just compare my times to the A-stockers <sigh>.

Richard Rees
Torqueless Wonder #5602 (2k s2k)