Re: MR2 MKII alignment slipping

Subject: Re: MR2 MKII alignment slipping
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:11:11 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000 bluemr2@juno.com wrote:
>       Took a drive today and I suspect that the toe on my MR2 is slipping...
> I had a problem where the dealer thinks that they put 1/2" toe out on the
> front instead of the 1/16" I asked for (last month), but I know am
> starting to wonder if it slipped out.  I've had the car back for 1.5
> weeks (since they fixed the alignment) and it's started to get twitchy
> again and the steering wheel is starting to move from center.  Steering
> wheel centering problem became even worse when I put my new A032Rs on the
> front yesterday.  I've got camber bolts with several alignments on them,
> but the camber does not *appear* to be changing...  I need to find out
> what the problem might be since it ate my RE71s in two weeks last time
> and I can only imagine what could happen with the A032Rs...
>       Ideas?

I don't know a damn thing about MR2's.  However, if you've got normal
threaded tie rods that control your toe, what you describe can probably
only happen if your camber is changing, which will cause the toe to
change.  I don't know anyway a tie rod can "slip".  However, the strut to
knucle bolts that hold camber can and do slip on various cars.

Mark