RE: FasTrack item about underdrive pulleys

To: "'Brandon C. Fetch'" <brandon.fetch@ey.com>,
Subject: RE: FasTrack item about underdrive pulleys
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:40:50 -0500
So please clarify:

Are the Unorthodox Underdrive pulleys allowed in SP/ST(I think he was
asking...) since they're made of aluminum?
There's no mention about them being smaller just that they can be replaced
with materials of different type correct?

Tanks!
=================================
the way I read it, all accessory pulleys (AC. alternator, PS pump, smog
pump) can be replaced with pulleys of alternate materials as long as V-belt
setups stay with V-belts and serpentine setups stay with serpentine belts.

It's the crank pulley (the one that drives my AC, PS and alternator) that
I'm questioning.  I dunno if Chrysler considers is a harmonic balancer or
dampener of sorts.  If not then I can swap it for an aftermarket one. If it
is indeed a combo pulley/dampener then it must remain stock.  :^(

Oh well, it's sort of a moot point as I can't get to it easily to take it
off anyway.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 DS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who
approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but
downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."
-Patrick Henry