FasTrack item about underdrive pulleys

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: FasTrack item about underdrive pulleys
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:01:05 EDT
LiloACRguy@aol.com writes:

> It is, however, a mute point.  There are no aftermarktet (underdrive)
> pulley's made that conform to the latest ruling:  pulleys must be made out
> of the same material as stock.
>
> It was in the last fasttrack, item 4 I believe.

I've had several people ask me about this item.  Here's how it reads:

"TECH BULLETIN
     <snip>
 4) Street Prepared: the allowance in Section 14.10.U for the use of alternate
 pulleys does permit pulleys of different materials from those of the
original."

I don't see a "not" in between "does" and "permit"; therefore pulleys made of
alternate materials are perfectly legal for Street Prepared vehicles.  This
was
original belt/pulley configuration, i.e. V-belt or serpentine, not the
materials
used to make the pulley itself.

GH Sharp