RE: sway bar allowance

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: sway bar allowance
From: Alek Tziortzis <alextz@ss112.rsch.comm.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:01:12 -0500 (CDT)
Eric wrote:
>Well then Mr. Selfish, let's allow the FWD cars to change/add/remove their
>rear bars to get the same benefits that a front bar change offers you RWD
>folks.  Otherwise, get rid of the antiquated rule as it's highly unfair to
>the current large crop of front drivers.

If you put large bars on the rear of fwd cars you will pick
upt the inside rear wheel more, probably decreaseing your ultimate lateral grip.

dont know what the stock 3rd gen camaro stock swaybar size was).

If I *have* to go to my hollow 32mm 1LE bar from my 32mm solid steel addco bar,
I will. Ill probably have a corvette Z06 by then anyway.

Mr. Selfish? ha. If your going to change the rules (ie classings) do that
first. dont change too much all at once. If you change too many things and it
doesnt work, then you dont know which one of the things contributed to the
failure.

And, on a lot of front wheel drive cars, a bigger front bar can actually help
handling by decreasing camber/toe changes, not to mention keeping all 4 wheels
on the ground (4 tires on the ground is better than 3 in the handling
department isnt it?).

And if most the cars in your class are front wheel drive, how is it unfair to
have the existing rule for your class?

Alex